Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Vincent

Just wanted to post about a favorite of mine, that being this painting. Being an artist I love, love art because it is a medium that can capture the emotion, the heart of what the particular artists sees. One of my very favorite artists, if not my favorite is Vincent Van Gogh. He truly has genius going on in this one. FYI: It is called The Cafe Terrace on the Place du Forum, Arles, at Night, c.1888 - Vincent Van Gogh
When it was first shown it was called simply "Coffee House, In the evening". No wonder I love it. Cafe Mocha sipping is part of my happy moments scenario! It was the first painting where he painted a starry sky. It leads us in with the cobblestones and then captures the eye with the warmth of the cafe surrounded by the falling of night in the little town center. So interesting and so inviting, so fun it would be to be there. In 1990/91 the town of Arles, France revamped the area to make it look like this painting, how's that for a marketing scheme. To me it is a romantic painting, about a place to meet and enjoy a warm cup of liquid energy in the presence of those who make your eyes smile and perhaps your heart sing.
Don't mind me, I am a hopeless romantic and optimist.

No comments: