Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do?


We are created to need a supernatural "friend" my friend. I know on my own, I am not enough for life's many challenges and really really do not believe any of us are.

Psalm 139

A David Psalm
1-6 God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand.
I'm an open book to you;
even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.
You know when I leave and when I get back;
I'm never out of your sight.
You know everything I'm going to say
before I start the first sentence.
I look behind me and you're there,
then up ahead and you're there, too—
your reassuring presence, coming and going.
This is too much, too wonderful—
I can't take it all in!

7-12 Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit?
to be out of your sight?
If I climb to the sky, you're there!
If I go underground, you're there!
If I flew on morning's wings
to the far western horizon,
You'd find me in a minute—
you're already there waiting!
Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark!
At night I'm immersed in the light!"
It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you;
night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you.


When you don't know what to do.... walk, run to the Hope found in Christ. He sees you. He hears your thoughts. He is the One who knows all about us. Everything is open to Him. Jesus is the One who is there in the dark with us, sees our sorrow and angst. Jesus is the One who can bring us back, up and out of every troubling situation we are seized by.

Today possibly you, your friends and family members are facing circumstances you never thought you would see. So many out of work, and it seems to me that more people are just going through all sorts of personal crisis as well. Our worlds are being shaken and we may be questioning the very foundational truths of our lives. Many, simply don't know what to do. Decisions, choices made under stress, can seem to be the wrong thing for everyone concerned. And, then there are those times when we just know, we are making the right decisions based on all the advice/facts that we can muster, and yet turn out wrong. It seems our own understanding, knowledge, experience and positivity is not enough. I certainly have been there. And, probably will be there again. Perhaps you have never been there, but will be there in the future.

Hope is found in Christ for any and all circumstances.



Words for the difficult seasons of life.


The Message (MSG)
16-17"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
Psalm 18:6 Psalm 34:17 Psalm 57:2 Psalm 84:2 Psalm 102:1

The following link is for Ryker Carr, a little baby boy who is needing a lot of prayer and financial support. Check out his link, his mom and dad are personal friends of mine. Thanks
http://www.lovingryker.org/Meet_Ryker

No comments: